I’ve discovered the holy grail of pancake recipes. And trust me, I would never call any recipe the holy grail of anything unless I absolutely, 100%, beyond any shadow of a doubt believed it to be true. And these, my friends, are the holy grail of pancakes: thick, fluffy, and unbelievably delicious.
Can you spot the secret ingredient?
Flour, an egg, baking soda, and a container of Greek yogurt are the only ingredients you’ll need to whip these up in 10 minutes flat.
That’s right— you only need 1 bowl, 4 ingredients, and 10 minutes to make the best pancakes ever.
I’ve made these Greek yogurt pancakes about a bajillion times and they’re virtually foolproof. I most often use 0% vanilla Chobani, but have also tried mango and strawberry banana flavored yogurt with fantastically delicious results as well.
Try these! You’ll love ‘em.
I made a video demonstrating how to to make these Greek yogurt pancakes. Check it out below and be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more recipes – I’m planning to film quite a few in the coming months.
- 6 oz of your favorite Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- scant ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Open the yogurt container and stir the yogurt until it’s smooth and creamy. Crack an egg over the yogurt and stir to combine leaving. The resulting mixture should be pale yellow in color and have a few lumps here and there.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda.
- Pour yogurt/egg mixture into the bowl with the flour and baking soda. Stir to combine. The batter will be extremely thick.
- Spoon the batter onto a sprayed griddle or pan heated to medium-high. I usually make four big pancakes, but you could also make 8 smaller ones.
- Flip the pancakes when they start to bubble a bit on the surface. Cook until golden brown on both sides and serve with butter, syrup, fruit, Nutella….anything! Enjoy!