|Savory Blueberry Risotto || ||
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- butter and olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4-5 cups warm chicken broth
- 1 TB chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 freshly grated asiago cheese
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- In a medium pot over medium heat, sauté onions in a bit of butter and olive oil until translucent.
- Add the rice and stir for about a minute. Add the wine and simmer over low-medium heat until the rice has just about absorbed all the wine. Ladle in the first cup of chicken broth as well the blueberries and thyme into the rice.
- Stir constantly until nearly all liquid has been absorbed. Keep adding the broth, a cup at a time, until the rice is tender. After the last cup of liquid has been absorbed, sprinkle in a bit of salt and black pepper as well as the asiago cheese and lemon juice.
- Serve piping hot!
Recipe by Everyday Belle at http://www.everydaybelle.com/2011/06/savory-blueberry-risotto/